Thanks TC and Faye for putting on a great weekend.
NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS AND GUEST’S
It is with great regret that in light of recent events and N.S.W. Government recommendations of restricting unnecessary travel and GATHERINGS we have decided to cancel the clubs “Christmas In July” gathering on the 25th July 2020 in the Watagan Mountains.
Good morning all – as mentioned at the club meeting, Xmas in July is on! It’s the weekend of 25th July. (We just may need to make some minor changes – depending on the Covid-19 rules at the time.)
We’re looking for volunteers to help out with the following:
*Wood collection – we need some able bodied people to collect wood during the week.
*Camp set up – lights and cooking fire pit.
*Trip leaders to run some day trips.
*Activities – does anyone have finska, bocce or something similar they can bring and organise a game? Could someone organise the traditional coin toss game?
*Kids activities – could anyone organise some simple games for the kids?
*Cooking competition – we thought it would be fun to have a bush cooking competition on Saturday afternoon and just need someone to organise.
*Someone to purchase prizes for the cooking competition, best dressed and best table.
the committee has some exciting news just in time for the long weekend!
With camping grounds in state forests now being opened, we feel comfortable that we can remove the restriction on numbers at We-leas-er. We do however, have to adhere to a lot of rules, including the creation of a Covid safety plan, creation of policy documents and some changes at the lease. I’ve attached the detailed documents, but here’s a summary
- Don’t go to the lease if you are unwell or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- Everyone needs to practice social distancing by staying 1.5 metres apart at all times
- A 5 metre distance between campsites is recommended
- Bring your own utensils if using the barbecue
- Although we’ve supplied some disinfectants, please bring your own (septic safe) products and clean any surface you use immediately after use.
- Only club members can attend the lease
- Wash hands regularly and practice good hygiene
- We recommend you download the CovidSafe App to your phone
- Don’t share happy hour (or any other food) outside your own household members
- There’s no need to contact Trevor for bookings now but everyone needs to sign on when they arrive and depart the lease on a new form that is available at the lease
- Club trips are still limited to ten people as they are considered a group activity, so if you want to go for a drive as a group, it will need to be limited to ten people
The committee met last night and decided that, due to the easing of some Government restrictions, we can now partially open the lease from 1st June, 2020 with the following conditions:
- Prior to going to the lease, you must first book with Trevor Banks – ph: 0428 972 763
- Trevor will maintain a booking list and only ten people can be at the lease at any one time
- Stays are limited to a maximum of five days
- If you do make a booking and can’t attend or you leave early, please let Trevor know so he can make your place available for someone else
- The shared equipment in the café (utensils, kettles etc.) should not be used
- We recommend that you bring your own toilet
- Social distancing – staying at least 1.5 metres apart – must be observed
- No visitors – we feel that members should have priority at the moment
- Please use common sense about general hygiene and handwashing practices – for example, bring extra water and antibacterial handwash so you can wash your hands regularly, don’t share food etc.
We are also looking for a volunteer to become an association delegate. It’s not a huge commitment but you’d need to attend association meetings – initially online and eventually when restrictions lift – in person. If you’re interested, please let me know.
So where will you be going in your 4WD after June 1st?
We will be using “Zoom meetings “ to conduct the May general meeting.
Zoom meetings are free and you can join from your computer, phone, IPad or other tablet.
If you are joining by phone you will need to get the Zoom app before you can join a Zoom
• For iPhone or iPad, go to the App Store.
• For other phones or tablets, go to the Google Play Store
The app you need is called “Zoom Cloud Meetings. “
Once you have the app, click on the meeting link below to join a meeting.
If you are joining from your computer, you can just click on the meeting link below and follow the instructions on your screen.
Click here to join the May General meeting on Thursday 14th May at 8 pm.
Meeting ID: 996 1154 3322
Here are some photos from our recent trip to Woko via the Barringtons. What a difference a drought makes.
Another fantastic Xmas in July in the Watagans. Here are some photos from the festivities.